Adriana Francesca Lima (born June 12, 1981) is a Brazilian model and actress who is best known as a Victoria’s Secret Angel since 2000, and as a spokesmodel for Maybelline cosmetics from 2003 to 2009. At the age of 15, Lima finished first in Ford’s “Supermodel of Brazil” competition, and took second place the following year in the Ford “Supermodel of the World” competition before signing with Elite Model Management in New York City. In 2012, she came in 4th on the Forbes top-earning models list, estimated to have earned $7.3 million in one year. She is married to Serbian basketball player Marko Jarić, with whom she has two daughters.
1. BE SURE WHAT YOU WANT AND BE SURE ABOUT YOURSELF. FASHION IS NOT JUST BEAUTY, IT’S ABOUT GOOD ATTITUDE. YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND BE STRONG.
2. DON’T TRY TO BE WHAT YOU’RE NOT. IF YOU’RE NERVOUS, BE NERVOUS. IF YOU’RE SHY, BE SHY. IT’S CUTE.
3. I LIKE JEALOUS MEN. I LOVE JEALOUSY. I DO.
4. A MAN NEEDS TO BE POLITE, NOT JUST TO ME BUT TO EVERYONE. I WATCH THAT. HOW DOES HE TREAT THE WAITER? HOW DOES HE TREAT THE COAT-CHECK GIRL? HOW DOES HE TREAT THE DRIVER?
5. I CARE ABOUT HEART.
6. I LIKE TO GO TO THE MOVIES OR READ.
7. I WAS IN A FASHION SHOW AND I HAD ON A STRAPLESS TOP. WHEN I GOT TO THE END THE TOP WAS DOWN.
8. IF ONE DAY I HAVE A DAUGHTER AND MY DAUGHTER WANTS TO BE A MODEL, I WOULD NEVER LET HER!
9. YOU DON’T HAVE TO HAVE AN ATTITUDE IF YOU’RE FAMOUS.
10. I’M A TEENAGER, BUT I’M INDEPENDENT – I HAVE MY OWN APARTMENT, I HAVE MY OWN LIFE. AND I THINK I HAVE LEARNED MORE THAN ANY OF THOSE TEENAGERS HAVE IN SCHOOL. I LEARNED TO BE RESPONSIBLE, LEAVING MY FAMILY AND COMING HERE ALONE.
11. HERE IN THE BIG CITY PEOPLE SPEND THEIR TIME THINKING ABOUT WORK AND ABOUT MONEY; THEY DON’T GIVE SOME VALUE TO FRIENDSHIPS AND IT CAN BE DEPRESSING.
12. I’VE NEVER BEEN TO THE GYM. I DO NOTHING.
13. I USED TO BE VERY SHY. WHEN I FIRST STARTED, I HAD TO GO TO A CASTING, AND I HAD TO GO IN A BIKINI. I THOUGHT I WAS TOO SKINNY. BUT I WENT IN AND GOT THE JOB! AND THAT’S HOW I STARTED.
14. I WANT TO BE A CHILD DOCTOR. A PEDIATRY… HOW DO YOU CALL IT, PEDIATRICIAN? DO I LIKE KIDS? NO, NOT REALLY.
15. I WOULD LIKE JUST ONE TIME TO BE ON THE COVER OF ITALIAN VOGUE.
16. MODELING IS A TOUGH JOB, YOUR CO-WORKERS ARE YOUR RIVALS, IT REALLY PUTS A DAMPER ON YOUR PERSPECTIVE OF OTHER GIRLS.
17. FASHION IS ABOUT GOOD ENERGY. IT’S ABOUT FEELINGS. THAT’S WHAT I HAVE TO GIVE THE PEOPLE, GOOD ENERGY AND GOOD FEELINGS.
18. I WAS SO EMBARRASSED ABOUT MISPRONOUNCING WORDS. I JUST KNEW HOW TO SMILE.
19. I MISSED OUT ON EVERYTHING. SOMETIMES ON THE STREET I SEE TEENAGERS HANGING OUT AND GOING TO THE MOVIES, GOING TO CONCERTS, AND I GET SO JEALOUS.
20. WHEN I GET OLDER, I DON’T THINK I’LL LIKE TO HAVE WRINKLES, OR A BIG JELLY BELLY. I CANNOT HAVE IT.
21. I DON’T LIKE FIGHTS. I DON’T LIKE AGGRESSIVE PEOPLE.
22. I LOVE GOING TO WORK OUT NOW. IT GETS OUT AGGRESSION AND MY TRAINER REALLY SHAKES IT UP SO I DON’T GET BORED.
23. IF I AM NOT MOVING I GET BORED VERY EASILY.
24. IT’S WRONG FOR A GUY TO HAVE NO PERSONALITY, NO HEART. BECAUSE I DON’T CARE ABOUT STYLE OR MONEY.
25. YOUNGER GUYS ARE JUST TOO JEALOUS.