Teri Lynn Hatcher (born December 8, 1964) is an American actress, writer, presenter, and former NFL cheerleader. She is known for her television roles as Susan Mayer on the ABC comedy-drama series Desperate Housewives, and portraying Lois Lane on the ABC comedy-drama series Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. For her work on Desperate Housewives, she won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress and three Screen Actors Guild Awards, as well as a Primetime Emmy nomination.
Teri Hatcher was born on December 8, 1964 in Palo Alto, California, the daughter of Esther, a computer programmer who worked for Lockheed Martin, and Owen Walker Hatcher, Jr., a nuclear physicist and electrical engineer.
1. I AM BLESSED TO BE ABLE TO WORK AT A JOB I LOVE AND ALSO GIVE BACK IN THE MOST VITAL WAY – TO PEOPLE IN NEED.
2. I AM ALL ABOUT HEALTH… AND TO ME, SIZE IS NOT WHAT DEFINES YOUR HEALTH.
3. I’M A FIRM BELIEVER IN PUTTING YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS.
4. WITH THIS BOOK, I TRULY HOPE TO REACH EVERYONE THAT I DON’T BUMP INTO ON THE STREET AND SHARE MY STORY.
5. IN ALL MY CAREER, IN MY UPS AND DOWNS, I’VE NEVER HAD A BEAUTY CAMPAIGN. THIS WAS MEANINGFUL THAT AT ALMOST 41 YEARS OLD, I COULD BE GETTING MY FIRST BEAUTY CAMPAIGN. IT MADE ME FEEL REALLY GREAT.
6. MY PARENTS ARE REALLY WELL INTENDED, AND I THINK THEIR WAY OF DEALING WITH THINGS IS DENIAL AND GUILT. NOBODY WANTED TO TALK ABOUT IT. BUT ALL I DID WAS BLAME MYSELF.
7. I DIDN’T CARE AT ALL ABOUT LOSING, BUT I JUST DIDN’T WANT EMERSON TO FEEL BAD, YOU KNOW, I DIDN’T WIN, BUT FELICITY WON, AND WHEN YOU COME TO THE SET NEXT TIME, YOU CAN GIVE HER A BIG CONGRATULATIONS.
8. I FEEL LIKE I’M TOO OLD TO JUST HAVE SEX. I MEAN, I WANT TO HAVE SEX, BUT WITH SOMEBODY WHO REALLY LOVES ME.
9. THIS WAS MEANINGFUL THAT AT ALMOST 41 YEARS OLD, I COULD BE GETTING MY FIRST BEAUTY CAMPAIGN.
10. I’D LIKE TO CHANGE MY BUTT. IT HANGS A LITTLE TOO LONG. GOD FORBID WHAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE WHEN I’M OLDER. IT WILL PROBABLY BE DRAGGING ALONG ON THE GROUND BEHIND ME.
11. IT IS TRULY A PRIVILEGE TO BE ABLE TO SUPPORT ALL WOMEN’S CAUSES ON A GLOBAL LEVEL. IT IS REMARKABLE THAT SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS TELEVISION CAN EMPOWER US TO CREATE CHANGE AND AWARENESS IN THE WORLD.
12. MY ADVICE, BE HEALTHY, REACH YOUR OWN GOALS AND DON’T BE AFRAID TO IMPERSONATE A SNL STAR.
13. AT MY LOWEST I WAS MAKING NOTHING, OF COURSE.
14. I’M 40 AND I JUST GOT MY FIRST BEAUTY CAMPAIGN WITH CLAIROL NICE AND EASY.
15. I’M A WOMAN WHO CARRIES AROUND ALL THESE LAYERS OF FEAR AND VULNERABILITY.
16. I FEEL LIKE I’M A STAY-AT-HOME MOM, WHICH I WAS FOR THE FIVE YEARS BEFORE THIS. SHE’S ABSOLUTELY BEEN MY FOCUS. THAT’S THE CHOICE I MADE. DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES IS PERFECT FOR ME. I GET TO GO BACK TO WORK AND STILL BE ABLE TO TAKE MY DAUGHTER TO SCHOOL AND PICK HER UP.