Sienna Rose Diana Miller (born 28 December 1981) is an American born English actress, model and fashion designer. She has played roles in Layer Cake, Alfie, Factory Girl, The Edge of Love, and G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. In 2006, she designed a fashion capsule for Pepe Jeans. Miller has been nominated for two BAFTAs and a Golden Globe.
Born in New York City, United States, Miller moved to London with her family when she was just over a year old. Her mother, Josephine, is a former South African model. Her father, Edwin Miller, is an American banker turned Chinese art dealer. Miller has a sister, Savannah, and two half-brothers, Charles and Stephen. Miller attended Heathfield School, Ascot, a boarding school in Ascot, Berkshire, and later studied for a year at the Lee Strasberg Institute in New York City. She carries a British passport, and acquired her first driving licence in the U.S. Virgin Islands, as it was easier to qualify there, thus allowing her to drive in both the USA and UK.
1. AS I GET OLDER I’M MORE AND MORE COMFORTABLE BEING ALONE.
2. I’VE MADE APOLOGIES TO PEOPLE I NEEDED TO, BUT I CAN’T APOLOGISE TO PEOPLE I DON’T KNOW FOR THINGS THEY DON’T UNDERSTAND.
3. I’VE REALISED THAT WHEN I DON’T PLAY PEOPLE WHO ARE COMPLEX I GET VERY, VERY BORED, AND THEN LAZY, AND END UP BEING RUBBISH.
4. I WOULD OFTEN FIND MYSELF, AT THE AGE OF 21, AT MIDNIGHT, RUNNING DOWN A DARK STREET ON MY OWN WITH 10 MEN CHASING ME. AND THE FACT THEY HAD CAMERAS IN THEIR HANDS MADE THAT LEGAL.
5. WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR HEART BROKEN FOR THE FIRST TIME, YOU GAIN DEPTH.
6. I EXPERIENCED THE JUDGEMENT OF A LOT OF PEOPLE – AND DESERVEDLY SO.
7. THE NEWSPAPERS TURN A BLIND EYE TO HOW THEY GET THEIR MATERIAL AS LONG AS THEY HAVE GREAT PHOTOGRAPHS.
8. I’M NOT ABOUT HAIR AND MAKEUP.
9. I AM VERY LUCKY, I HAVE A VERY TIGHT GROUP OF FRIENDS AND A VERY SUPPORTIVE FAMILY, AND TO THIS DATE NO-ONE HAS EVER SOLD A STORY ON ME.
10. IT WAS A REALLY FUN IDEA TO HAVE A FASHION LABEL WITH MY SISTER BUT I DON’T HAVE AN AWFUL LOT OF TIME FOR IT BECAUSE MY FIRST LOVE AND JOB IS TO BE AN ACTRESS.
11. I PROBABLY SEEM LIKE NOT A PARTICULARLY NICE PERSON, NOT A GIRL’S GIRL.
12. THE BIG THING I’VE DISCOVERED, THE BIG SECRET, IS THAT IT’S ALL ABOUT HOW HAPPY YOU ARE. IT’S THE ULTIMATE THING. PEOPLE FORGET YOUR FLAWS AND IMPERFECTIONS IF THEY SEE YOU’RE HAPPY.
13. I HAVE A GOOD BRAIN ON ME, BUT I’VE NEVER REALLY USED IT WHEN IT CAME TO MAKING DECISIONS ABOUT LOVE, WHICH HAS BEEN A BLESSING AND A CURSE.
14. I’VE SAID THINGS AND MEANT THEM, BUT I’M OBVIOUSLY A VERY CONFUSED PERSON WHO HAS NO IDEA HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT THINGS.
15. EVERYONE IN L.A. IS VERY POSITIVE AND UPBEAT, WHEREAS LONDON CAN GET QUITE MISERABLE AT TIMES.
16. IT’S HARD SOMETIMES TO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING BEHIND YOUR BACK AND TO IGNORE CERTAIN THINGS THAT ARE BEING WRITTEN.
17. IF EACH ONE OF US DOES OUR BIT, WE WILL BE HELPING TO KEEP GLOBAL WARMING FROM HARMING OUR COUNTRIES.
18. I FEEL VERY BLESSED. I HAVE HAD, AND AM HAVING, SUCH A LOVELY LIFE.
19. IT’S WONDERFUL TO FEEL SUPPORTED, BUT THERE’S A LOT OF NEGATIVE ENERGY TOWARDS ME AS WELL. SO I IGNORE IT, TO BE HONEST. IF I STARTED TO READ IT ALL IT WOULD COMPLETELY MESS UP MY HEAD.
20. I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT AN ‘IT’ GIRL IS. AS FAR AS I’M CONCERNED, AN ‘IT’ GIRL IS SOMEBODY WHO DOESN’T DO ANYTHING EXCEPT GO TO PARTIES AND GET HER PHOTOGRAPH TAKEN.
21. I NEVER GOOGLE MYSELF. ONLY IF I WANT TO FEEL REALLY TERRIBLE ABOUT MYSELF WOULD I DO THAT.
22. YOU BECOME VERY KNOWN FOR BEING SOMEONE’S GIRLFRIEND, AND ALL OF A SUDDEN THERE’S ALL THIS HYPE AND BUZZ FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS.
23. I’M REALLY NOT GOOD AT DRESSING UP AND BEING GLAMOROUS.
24. I DON’T LEAD A PARTICULARLY EXCITING LIFE AWAY FROM WORK.
25. IT’S REACHED THIS POINT WHERE PEOPLE ARE FASCINATED BY EVERY INTRICATE DETAIL OF OTHER PEOPLE’S LIVES. AND SOME PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO GIVE UP THEIR LIVES LIKE THAT.
26. I’M THE BLACK SHEEP.
27. THE AMOUNT OF SPECULATION SURROUNDING MY ROMANTIC LIFE IS ASTOUNDING. IT’S STRANGE HOW INVOLVED PEOPLE GET: INVESTED AND ANGRY, REALLY DISAPPOINTED.
28. I’M SO NOT PERFECT.
29. MY PARENTS WERE QUITE LIBERAL WITH US, ALWAYS ENCOURAGING US TO BE OUR OWN PERSON AND BE CREATIVE.
30. I QUITE LOVE SEQUINS; I THINK IT’S THE DRAG QUEEN IN ME.
31. I WENT TO AN ALL-GIRLS BOARDING SCHOOL FOR MOST OF MY YOUTH.
32. HUMAN NATURE IS SUCH THAT MONOGAMY IS A REALLY HARD THING TO ACHIEVE.
33. I’M LUCKY I HAVE GOOD METABOLISM AND I’M VERY GRATEFUL FOR THAT.
34. I WAS BLINDED BY BEING A ROMANTIC PERSON.
35. I NEED MY FOOD TO KEEP MY ENERGY UP, SO I CAN’T REALLY DIET.