Shirley MacLean Beaty (born April 24, 1934), known professionally as Shirley MacLaine, is an American film, television and theater actress, singer, dancer, activist and author. She has won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy twice, for her roles in The Apartment and Irma la Douce, and the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Drama twice for Terms of Endearment and Madame Sousatzka. She was honored with the Golden Globe Cecil B.
1. FEAR MAKES STRANGERS OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD BE FRIENDS.
2. A PERSON WHO KNOWS HOW TO LAUGH AT HIMSELF WILL NEVER CEASED TO BE AMUSED.
3. IT’S USELESS TO HOLD A PERSON TO ANYTHING HE SAYS WHILE HE’S IN LOVE, DRUNK, OR RUNNING FOR OFFICE.
4. I WANT WOMEN TO BE LIBERATED AND STILL BE ABLE TO HAVE A NICE ASS AND SHAKE IT.
5. I’M A PEACEFUL PERSON ONCE WORK ETHIC IS ESTABLISHED.
6. I THINK OF LIFE ITSELF NOW AS A WONDERFUL PLAY THAT I’VE WRITTEN FOR MYSELF, AND SO MY PURPOSE IS TO HAVE THE UTMOST FUN PLAYING MY PART.
7. I THINK WE PLAN EVERYTHING, SOMEHOW, ON ANOTHER LEVEL.
8. WE NEED PROOF IN OUR SOCIETY.
9. I’VE GOTTEN CRANKIER IN MY OLD AGE.
10. I’VE BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH OF MY OWN SELF-SEARCH THAT I’M NOT AS CONSUMED WITH WHO I AM AS I USED TO BE.
11. CRYSTALS AMPLIFY THE CONSCIOUSNESS.