Sarah Ann McLachlan (born January 28, 1968) is a Canadian musician, singer, songwriter, and pianist. Known for her emotional ballads and mezzo-soprano vocal range, as of 2009, she has sold over 40 million albums worldwide. McLachlan’s best-selling album to date is Surfacing, for which she won two Grammy Awards and four Juno Awards. In addition to her personal artistic efforts, she founded the Lilith Fair tour, which showcased female musicians on a scale that had never been attempted before. The Lilith Fair concert tours took place from 1997 to 1999, and resumed in the summer of 2010. On May 6, 2014, she released her first album of original music in four years, titled Shine On.
1. HAPPINESS IS LIKE A CLOUD, IF YOU STARE AT IT LONG ENOUGH, IT EVAPORATES.
2. I FEEL LIKE I REALLY TAPPED INTO A PRETTY HONEST EMOTIONAL PLACE FOR MYSELF AS A LYRICIST. THERE’S A BROAD SPECTRUM OF EMOTIONS.
3. I TRY SO HARD TO LIVE IN THE MOMENT – I DON’T THINK AHEAD VERY MUCH.
4. I’LL TALK TO ANY STRANGER ABOUT EVERYTHING. I’M NOT GUARDED.
5. I WRITE MUSIC ALL THE TIME. WHEN I TALK ABOUT HAVING WRITER’S BLOCK, IT’S MORE TO DO WITH LYRICS THAN ANYTHING ELSE.
6. I’VE BEEN SO BUSY I HAVEN’T HAD A CHANCE TO GO CRAZY. I DON’T PARTY LIKE I USED TO.
7. THERE’S NOTHING PARTICULARLY UNIQUE ABOUT MY EXPERIENCES EXCEPT THAT THEY’RE MY EXPERIENCES.
8. NOTHING OUTSIDE OF MY CHILD IS IMPORTANT.
9. WATER IS VERY FORGIVING. EVERYTHING LIFTS IN WATER.
10. WE TRY TO CREATE THIS INTERESTING APPEARANCE TO MAKE OURSELVES FEEL BETTER ABOUT OURSELVES.
11. I CAN LOOK BACK OVER MY EARLIER MUSIC, AND IT TAKES ME BACK TO THE PLACE I WAS EMOTIONALLY.
12. HAVING THE OPPORTUNITY TO EXPRESS MYSELF THROUGH MUSIC HAS BEEN EXTREMELY CATHARTIC FOR ME MY ENTIRE LIFE.
13. I’M A BIT OF A PERFECTIONIST, AND I WANT TO GIVE 100 PERCENT TO EVERYTHING.
14. THERE ARE WOMEN IN EVERY GENRE HAVING A LOT OF SUCCESS.WHY NOT CELEBRATE THAT?
15. I’M NOT ONLINE. I’M NOT ON FACEBOOK MUCH. I DON’T CONNECT THAT WAY.