Matthew Chandler Fox (born July 14, 1966) is an American actor. He is known for his roles as Charlie Salinger on Party of Five and Jack Shephard on the supernatural drama television series Lost.
Fox was born in Abington, Pennsylvania, the son of Loretta B. and Francis G. Fox. One of his paternal great-great-great-grandfathers was Union General George Meade. His father was from a “very blue-blood” Pennsylvania family of mostly English descent, while his mother was of half Italian and half British Isles ancestry.
1. I’M NOT REALLY A TROPICAL PARADISE KIND OF PERSON.
2. WE ARE IN THE COSMOS AND THE COSMOS IS IN US.
3. DO NOT CONFUSE BEAUTY WITH BEAUTIFUL. BEAUTIFUL IS A HUMAN JUDGMENT. BEAUTY IS ALL. THE DIFFERENCE IS EVERYTHING.
4. IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY AT A TREE YOU’LL NOTICE IT’S KNOTS AND DEAD BRANCHES, JUST LIKE OUR BODIES. WHAT WE LEARN IS THAT BEAUTY AND IMPERFECTION GO TOGETHER WONDERFULLY.
5. I’M REALLY ENJOYING THE PROCESS OF LEARNING TO FLY. HOW IT WILL FIT INTO MY LIFE DOWN THE ROAD – I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO DISCOVERING THAT.
6. I’M NOT SAYING I WANT A FILM CAREER BECAUSE I THINK I’M TOO GOOD FOR TELEVISION. I’M SIMPLY SAYING I WANT MORE CONTROL OVER MY LIFE.
7. I DIRECTED AN EPISODE OF ‘PARTY OF FIVE’ TOWARD THE VERY END OF THAT SHOW. IT WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE.
8. I THINK THAT THERE’S A HIDDEN DARKNESS IN ALL OF US!
9. I PUT A LOT OF PRESSURE ON MYSELF AND I THINK I AM QUITE… WELL, INTENSE ABOUT DRIVING OTHER PEOPLE.
10. I PLAYED FOOTBALL FOR A HUGE PORTION OF MY LIFE, ALL THE WAY THROUGH COLLEGE ACTUALLY.
11. AFTER ‘LOST’, I NEVER NEED TO TAKE A JOB FOR THE MONEY AGAIN.