Matthew Steven “Matt” LeBlanc (born July 25, 1967) is an American actor and producer, known for his role as Joey Tribbiani on the NBC sitcom, Friends and its spin-off Joey. In 2011, LeBlanc began starring as a fictional version of himself in Episodes, a BBC Two/Showtime television series created by Friends co-creator David Crane and Jeffrey Klarik. He won a Golden Globe award for his work on Episodes, after being nominated for an Emmy three times for his work on Friends.
He was born in Newton, Massachusetts. His mother, Patricia, was an office manager, and his father, Paul, was a mechanic. His mother is of Italian ancestry and his father was of French-Canadian ancestry.
1. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BREAK UP WITH HER? BE A MAN. JUST STOP CALLING.
2. I’M MUCH MORE LOW-KEY THAN THE CHARACTERS I’VE PLAYED.
3. I COULD BUILD AND ROOF A HOUSE, THOUGH ELECTRICITY IS NOT MY THING.
4. I KEEP WAITING FOR THE ROOF TO CAVE IN. I WAS RAISED TO FOLLOW THE GOLDEN RULE, YOU KNOW, TREAT PEOPLE THE WAY YOU WISH TO BE TREATED. THAT’S KIND OF THE WAY I LIVE MY LIFE. MAYBE SOMEONE UP THERE LIKES ME FOR THAT.
5. I FIND THE EARTH TO BE A PLACE OF MISERY IN WHICH I AM SURROUNDED BY THE CONFORMITY THAT KILLS SOCIETY.
6. AS AN ACTOR, THE BIGGEST COMPLIMENT YOU CAN GET, IN MY BOOK IS FOR SOMEONE TO BELIEVE THAT YOU’RE THE CHARACTER.
7. I GREW UP IN BOSTON, SO IT’S A NICE CHANGE TO BE COLD AFTER LIVING IN CALIFORNIA.
8. WHEN I WAS YOUNGER AND STUDYING ACTING, I NEVER EVER SAW MYSELF IN THE SITCOM WORLD; IT WAS DRAMA THAT REALLY TURNED ME ON AND STILL DOES.
9. IT’S FUNNY – NOWADAYS PEOPLE THAT ARE FAMOUS GET CHASED BY PAPARAZZI. THEY HAVE THIS FAME, BUT THEY DON’T HAVE THE MONEY TO HIDE FROM IT.
10. I DON’T LIKE PRODUCING. IT’S A LOT OF MEETINGS YOU SIT THROUGH THAT AMOUNT TO NOTHING.
11. ‘FRIENDS’ WAS A TRUE ENSEMBLE. THERE REALLY WAS NO STAR OF THE SHOW.
12. EVERYONE IN MY FAMILY USED TO WORK WITH SOME KIND OF TOOL IN THEIR HANDS EVERY DAY. THAT’S WHAT WE DO. THAT’S WHAT I DID BEFORE I GOT INTO ACTING.
13. I AM NOT BISEXUAL. I AM NOT GAY. I HAVE NEVER HAD SEX WITH MEN.
14. BUT I’M KIND OF SPOILT WHEN IT COMES TO COMEDY. I WAS ON ‘FRIENDS’, WHICH WAS ONE OF THE FUNNIEST THINGS ON TELEVISION.
15. THE PHONE’S NOT RINGING OFF THE HOOK, BUT THAT’S OK BY ME. I FEEL VERY FORTUNATE, WORK TO ME HAS BECOME A KIND OF HOBBY.
16. I BELIEVE THAT LAUGHTER IS THE BEST EMOTIONAL BAND-AID IN THE WORLD. IT’S LIKE NATURE’S NEOSPORIN.
17. I HAVE FUNNY BONES. IF THERE’S EVER ANY KIND OF TENSION, I’LL ALWAYS BE THE ONE TO TRY AND BE FUNNY TO LOOSEN THINGS UP.
18. YOU BASICALLY HAVE A GROUP OF FOUR SPIES WHO ARE CHOSEN FOR A MISSION THEY FEEL FOR THE FACT OF HOW COMPETENT THEY ARE AND HOW THEIR EXPERTISE AND THEY’RE THE RIGHT ONE FOR THE JOB. BUT ULTIMATELY THEY FIND OUT THEY’VE BEEN ACTUALLY CHOSEN FOR THEIR INCOMPETENCE.
19. THE MORE CYNICAL YOU BECOME, THE BETTER OFF YOU’LL BE.
20. I DON’T LIKE SILK UNDERWEAR. THEY DON’T DO THE JOB, YOU KNOW?
21. MISERY IS MANIFOLD. THE WRETCHEDNESS OF THE EARTH IS MULTIFORM.
22. I AM NOT AFRAID IF PEOPLE THINK MATT LEBLANC IN ‘EPISODES’ IS WHO I AM – MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY KNOW WHO I AM.
23. I STARTED GOING GRAY IN MY EARLY TWENTIES.
24. WHEN THERE’S WRITING THAT YOU REALLY TRUST, IT’S VERY FREEING AS AN ARTIST.
25. YOU ALWAYS QUESTION PEOPLE’S INTENTIONS. THAT MAY BE A COMBINATION OF HAVING MONEY, HAVING FAME, AND BEING A LITTLE OLDER.