Kimberly Jayne “Kim” Raver (born March 15, 1969) is an American actress. She is best known for television roles as Kim Zambrano on Third Watch, Audrey Raines on 24 and Teddy Altman on ABC’s medical drama Grey’s Anatomy.
Raver was raised in New York City by her mother, Tina Raver, and her stepfather, Chris Meltesen. She has a sister, Cybele Raver, as well as three half sisters, Nadja Raver, Grace Raver, Aimée Raver, and two half brothers, Jacob Raver, and William Raver. She attended Northfield Mount Hermon School, a boarding school in Northfield, MA before becoming a fine arts graduate of Boston University, Raver continues to study theater in New York with teacher and mentor Wynn Handman. She is fluent in French and German, a language that she learned as a child from her German-born mother.
1. I LOVE TO ROLL OUT OF BED AND THROW SOMETHING ON. I HAD THIS ROOMMATE IN COLLEGE WHO WOULD GET UP ALMOST 2 HOURS BEFORE CLASS TO DO HAIR AND MAKEUP. THAT’S NOT FOR ME.
2. YOU FINISH A JOB AND IT’S VERY EMOTIONAL BECAUSE YOU’RE WORKING CRAZY LONG HOURS, AND YOUR WORK FAMILY IS LIKE A REAL FAMILY.
3. WHEN I NEED A BREAK FROM THE BOYS, I GO WITH MY GIRLFRIEND TO BUY PRETTY LITTLE DRESSES FOR HER DAUGHTER.
4. I THINK IT’S NECESSARY TO LET KIDS GET BORED ONCE IN A WHILE – THAT’S HOW THEY LEARN TO BE CREATIVE.
5. I JUST AM A HUGE FAN OF PBS. THEY’VE TAKEN GREAT RISKS FROM GREAT SHOWS.
6. AS WOMEN IN GENERAL, I DON’T THINK WE TAKE THE TIME TO FIND WAYS TO TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES.
7. I’VE LEARNED FROM MY FRENCH HUSBAND AND THE WAY THEY EAT, IT’S ALL ABOUT MODERATION. AND THAT’S REALLY SUSTAINABLE.
8. I HAVE AN INCREDIBLE ROLE MODEL IN MY MOM. SHE WAS A SINGLE MOTHER RAISING TWO KIDS IN NEW YORK.
9. MY MOM HAS ALWAYS BEEN A HUGE INSPIRATION. SHE WAS A SINGLE MOM RAISING TWO KIDS IN NEW YORK. NOW THAT IS FULL-ON ALL THE TIME.