Katharine Isobel Murray (born November 2, 1981), better known by her screen name Katharine Isabelle, is a Canadian actress, best known for her portrayal of Ginger Fitzgerald in the Ginger Snaps trilogy, as Mary Mason in American Mary, and as Margot Verger in Hannibal.
Katharine Isabelle was born on November 2, 1981 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada as Katharine Isobel Murray, the daughter of Graeme and Gail Murray. Graeme Murray is an art director and production designer who has won two Emmy Awards for his work on the television series The X-Files, for which he created special effects. Her mother, Gail Murray, is an amateur Vancouver writer and producer. Katharine is the sister of journalist and former child actor Joshua Murray.
1. I UNDERSTAND, AS THE YOUNG, ATTRACTIVE WOMAN IN FILM, THAT THERE’S ALWAYS GOING TO BE PEOPLE SEEKING OUT EXTRA SALACIOUS THINGS FOR YOU TO DO.
2. GOING THROUGH PUBERTY AS A YOUNG GIRL IS SO CONFUSING. THIS MONSTER INVADES YOUR BODY, CHANGES THINGS AND MAKES THINGS GROW, AND NO ONE TELLS YOU WHAT’S GOING ON.
3. I DON’T HAVE ANY FRIENDS FROM MY CHILDHOOD BECAUSE I DIDN’T STAY AT ONE SCHOOL FOR VERY LONG.
4. I’M A BIT OF A CHICKEN WHEN IT COMES TO SEEING POTENTIALLY HORRIFYING THINGS ON THE INTERNET.
5. MY ROOTS ARE SCOTTISH. MY DAD’S PARENTS ARE FROM SCOTLAND, AND MY MUM’S DAD IS SCOTS.