Jonathan Vincent “Jon” Voight (born December 29, 1938) is an American actor. He has won one Academy Award, out of four nominations, and four Golden Globe Awards, out of ten nominations. He is the father of actress Angelina Jolie and actor James Haven.
Voight came to prominence in the late 1960s with his performance as a would-be gigolo in Midnight Cowboy (1969). During the 1970s, he became a Hollywood star with his portrayals of a businessman mixed up with murder in Deliverance (1972), a paraplegic Vietnam veteran in Coming Home (1978), for which he won an Academy Award for Best Actor, and a penniless ex-boxing champion in the remake of The Champ (1979).
1. SOMETIMES A LITTLE HEARTBREAK IS A LESSON, AND THE BEST THING TO DO IS JUST LEARN THE LESSON.
2. ANGELINA IS MY DAUGHTER AND I AM ALWAYS WISHING HER THE BEST.
3. THE IDEA OF RIGHT AND WRONG, BEING RIGHTEOUS, ACKNOWLEDGING WHEN YOU MAKE A MISTAKE, REPENTANCE – ALL THESE IMPORTANT THINGS I GOT FROM MY CATHOLIC BACKGROUND.
4. DEMOCRACY IS AN EXTRAORDINARY ADVENTURE. IT’S DIFFICULT, FULL OF DARING AND RISK AND DANGER. BUT IT’S THE GREATEST GIFT WE HAVE.
5. IF WASHINGTON IS A TWO-PARTY TOWN, WHY CAN’T HOLLYWOOD BE ONE TOO?
6. EVERYONE’S UNIQUE; NO ONE’S EVER ALIKE. BUT MY SON HAS THE SAME GOOD CHEER AS MY FATHER. HE’S CAPABLE OF MAKING A ROOM HAPPY WITH A FEW WORDS.
7. I’VE GONE THROUGH A LOT OF STUFF IN MY LIFE.
8. IF WASHINGTON IS A TWO-PARTY TOWN, WHY CAN’T HOLLYWOOD BE ONE TOO?
9. I JUST THINK THAT I’M A PERSON WHO’S TRYING TO FIND THE TRUTH AND EXPRESS IT AS I, YOU KNOW, GET THE OPPORTUNITY.
10. I’VE GONE THROUGH A LOT OF STUFF IN MY LIFE.
11. SOME PEOPLE THINK WE’RE ADRIFT WITHOUT ANY GUIDELINES. I DON’T. I THINK WE’VE HAD INSTRUCTION ON HOW TO LIVE.
12. I WAS RAISED CATHOLIC… I FELL IN LOVE WITH CERTAIN IDEALS.