Jeffrey Leon “Jeff” Bridges (born December 4, 1949) is an American actor, country musician, and producer. He comes from a well-known acting family and began his televised acting in 1958 as a child with his father, Lloyd Bridges, and brother, Beau, on television’s Sea Hunt. He won the Academy Award for Best Actor for his role as Otis “Bad” Blake in the 2009 film Crazy Heart and earned Academy Award nominations for his roles in The Last Picture Show, Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, Starman, The Contender, and True Grit. Among his other best-known major motion films are: The Big Lebowski, Fearless, Iron Man, The Fabulous Baker Boys, Jagged Edge, Against All Odds, The Fisher King, Tucker, Seabiscuit, Arlington Road, Tron and Tron: Legacy.
1. POVERTY IS A VERY COMPLICATED ISSUE, BUT FEEDING A CHILD ISN’T.
2. YOU CAN RELATE TO SOMEBODY’S PAIN AND YOU HAVE COMPASSION, WHICH CAN LEAD TO INTIMACY.
3. FOR ME AND MY WIFE, IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT.
4. I’M ALWAYS BUSY, BUT I’M LAZY AS WELL.
5. IT CAN KIND OF SCREW UP THINGS IF YOU’RE TRYING TO OVERWORK SOMETHING.
6. YOU DON’T WANT TO VILIFY YOUR EGO.
7. WORDS FALL SHORT SOMETIMES.
8. SOMETIMES, YOU CAN NOT CLICK WITH SOMEBODY, AND IT CAN FEEL AWKWARD.
9. I THINK MY LOVE OF JOURNALIZING MY LIFE COMES FROM MY MOM.
10. MY MOTHER AND MY FATHER WERE VERY NURTURING AND WONDERFUL EXAMPLES OF HOW TO LIVE YOUR LIFE.
11. NORMALLY, WE PUSH AWAY THE THINGS WE’RE SCARED OF.
12. I’M NOT COUNTING ANY CHICKENS.
13. YOU KNOW, IT’S KIND OF A SHAME IN A WAY BUT THE MORE SEASONED DIRECTORS A LOT OF TIMES HAVE MORE DIFFICULT GETTING A JOB THAN FIRST TIME GUYS. NEW KID ON THE BLOCK KIND OF THING.
14. THE WONDERFUL THING ABOUT ACTING IS THAT YOU CAN USE ALL OF YOUR TALENTS AND INTERESTS IN YOUR WORK.
15. YEAH, I’VE BEEN INTERESTED IN MUSIC SINCE I WAS A TEENAGER, ALWAYS WRITING SONGS.
16. UNLIKE A LOT OF ACTORS, MY FATHER ENCOURAGED ALL HIS KIDS TO GO INTO SHOW BUSINESS. HE LOVED IT SO MUCH.
17. I DON’T REALLY THINK IN CAREER TERMS.
18. I LIKE PEOPLE.