James Edward Franco (born April 19, 1978) is an American actor, director, screenwriter, producer, teacher, author and poet. His first prominent role was a lead part, “Daniel Desario”, on the short-lived cult hit television program Freaks and Geeks, he later achieved recognition for playing the title character in the TV biographical film James Dean (2001), in which he won a Golden Globe Award, and for playing Harry Osborn in Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man trilogy (2002–2007).
1. I DON’T EVEN LIKE TO SLEEP – I FEEL AS IF THERE’S TOO MUCH TO DO.
2. I STILL DON’T LIKE GOING TO BED ALONE.
3. IT FEELS REALLY SAD, TO ME, TO GO TO A DARK BEDROOM. IT’S LIKE SURRENDERING TO THE NIGHT OR SOMETHING.
4. I’M A BIG CARDIGAN SWEATER GUY.
5. I WAS KIND OF SCARED OF FAILING AT ACTING.
6. IT’S HARD WHEN YOU’RE DOING A FILM BASED ON A TRUE STORY TO REALLY FIGURE OUT WHAT ALL THOSE RELATIONSHIPS WERE.
7. I AM NOT GOING TO BE THE GUY WHO’S NOT PULLING HIS WEIGHT.
8. MY STYLE IS CASUAL-CHIC? CASUAL-MESSY?
9. THE NEW CRITIQUE YOU’RE GONNA START HEARING ABOUT JAMES FRANCO, IS ‘HE’S SPREADING HIMSELF TOO THIN.’
10. I DON’T GO ON VACATION. I DON’T REALLY NEED VACATION.
11. I DON’T CAST SOMEBODY THAT I THINK IS LIKE MY YOUNGER SELF.
12. DIRECTING, EDITING, AND EVERYTHING ABOUT FILMMAKING HAS DEFINITELY CHANGED ME AS AN ACTOR.
13. WHEN I RESEARCH A ROLE IT DOES GET A LITTLE CRAZY AND MAYBE EVEN A LITTLE STUPID.
14. NOT HAVING ANY REAL DIRECTION, ONE WRITER WOULD LEAD ME TO ANOTHER.