Emily Olivia Leah Blunt (born 23 February 1983) is an English actress. She has appeared in The Devil Wears Prada (2006), The Young Victoria (2009), The Adjustment Bureau (2011), Looper (2012), Edge of Tomorrow (2014), and Into the Woods (2014). She has been nominated for five Golden Globe Awards, four Critics’ Choice Awards, two London Film Critics’ Circle Awards, and one BAFTA Award. She won a Golden Globe Award for her work in the BBC television drama Gideon’s Daughter (2007). In 2009, she received the BAFTA Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year.
1. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY, 100 PERCENT, A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL FOR ANYONE WHO STUTTERS.
2. I USED TO LOOK LIKE A DEER IN HEADLIGHTS ON THE RED CARPET. YOU STEP OUT OF THE CAR AND IT’S BEDLAM. EVERYONE’S GOT CRAZY EYES.
3. I THINK I’M DRAWN TO CHARACTERS WITH COMPLEXITY OR WHO ARE UNDER DURESS IN SOME WAY AND HAVE SOME CONFLICT GOING ON.
4. PEOPLE JUST WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING, ANYTHING. IT’S ALL THE STUFF YOU NEVER WANT TO TALK ABOUT, THE PRIVATE STUFF.
5. A LOT OF PERIOD DRAMAS CAN APPEAR QUITE ARCH TO MOST PEOPLE, STUFFY.
6. I ALMOST BROKE MY COCCYX ON ‘THE WOLF MAN,’ AND I BANGED MY HEAD ONCE. I HAD TO FALL REALLY HARD.
7. YOU CAN GO AT THE PREMIERE IT’S AT DISNEYLAND.
8. IT’S NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF TO HAVE A STUTTER.
9. AFTER THIS INTERVIEW, I’M GOING TO IMMIGRATION TO TRY TO SORT OUT MY GREEN CARD, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER NORMAL PERSON.
10. I THINK FOR ME THE JOB ALWAYS HAS TO BE THE RIGHT THING AT THE RIGHT TIME.
11. I’M NOT MUCH OF A CRIER BUT IT IS MILDLY SOUL-DESTROYING AND EXPOSING TO DO SOMETHING PHYSICAL THAT YOU ARE TERRIBLE AT IN FRONT OF OTHER PEOPLE.
12. IT’S ALWAYS A LITTLE MIND-BOGGLING TO REALIZE THAT THESE FAMOUS ACTORS KNOW WHO I AM.
13. IT’S SORT OF A MEAT MARKET, THE WHOLE AWARDS THING, AND I DON’T THINK YOU CAN PREDICT IT ANYMORE – WHO’S GOING TO LIKE WHAT YOU’VE DONE, IF IT’S WORTHY OR NOT. AND HOPEFULLY, THAT’S NOT WHY YOU MAKE A FILM, BECAUSE IF YOU’RE DISTRACTED BY THAT, OR ONLY STRIVING FOR THAT, YOU DON’T DO IT JUSTICE.