David Bowditch Morse (born October 11, 1953) is an American actor, singer, director, and writer. He first came to national attention as Dr. Jack Morrison in the medical drama series St. Elsewhere from 1982 to 1988. He continued his film career with roles in Dancer in the Dark, The Indian Runner, The Negotiator, Contact, The Green Mile, Disturbia, The Long Kiss Goodnight, The Crossing Guard, The Rock, Extreme Measures, 12 Monkeys, 16 Blocks, and Hounddog.
1. IT’S GREAT TO BE ABLE TO HAVE YOUR FEET IN BOTH WORLDS. I WOULDN’T WANT TO BE JUST STUCK IN ONE OR THE OTHER.
2. I’VE TRIED TO LET THE WORK I DO SPEAK.
3. I’M ACTING FOR THE PLEASURE OF IT.
4. I TRY TO DO THINGS I HAVEN’T BEEN ABLE TO BEFORE.
5. HOME WASN’T A PLEASANT PLACE TO LIVE, GROWING UP.
6. EVERYTHING IS INTERESTING TO ME.
7. I WILL BE ALWAYS GRATEFUL TO NBC.
8. FILM IS A VERY INTIMATE MEDIUM.
9. I WAS STUCK AS A BOOMER TYPE IN A LOT OF PEOPLE’S MINDS.