Brittany Murphy-Monjack (born November 10, 1977 – December 20, 2009), known professionally as Brittany Murphy, was an American film and stage actress, singer, and voice artist. Murphy, a native of Atlanta, moved to Los Angeles, California as a teenager, and pursued a career in acting. Her breakthrough role was in Amy Heckerling’s Clueless (1995), followed by supporting roles in independent films such as Freeway (1996) and Bongwater (1998).
She made her stage debut in a Broadway production of Arthur Miller’s A View from the Bridge in 1997, and then appeared in James Mangold’s drama Girl, Interrupted (1999), as well as the satire Drop Dead Gorgeous (1999).
1. I LOVE BEING IN LOVE.
2. I DEFINITELY WANT TO START A FAMILY, BUT THAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN IT’S SUPPOSED TO.
3. I’D LOVE TO BE A MAN FOR A DAY, JUST TO SEE WHAT IT’S LIKE.
4. I CONSIDER MYSELF A CHARACTER ACTOR.
5. I COME FROM A MILITARY FAMILY.
6. WITH ALL THE TECHNOLOGY WE’RE INVENTING AND WHAT THEY’RE COMING UP WITH SCIENTIFICALLY, PEOPLE ARE HAVING LONGER LIFETIMES. IT’S SCARY, BUT IN THE SAME SENSE IT’S ALSO VERY EXCITING.
7. AND AS MUCH AS I LOVE THE GRITTY CHARACTERS, I LIKE TO PLAY ALL SORTS OF CHARACTERS. I’M AN ACTOR. I LOVE TO CREATE.
8. HOME IS WHERE MY MOM IS.
9. I DID LEARN ONE GREAT LESSON FROM A PAST RELATIONSHIP, AND THAT WAS TO NEVER TALK ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS IN PRINT AGAIN BECAUSE I’D RATHER LIVE MY PRIVATE LIFE THAN READ ABOUT IT.
10. TIRED IS NOT A WORD IN MY VOCABULARY.
11. LIFE PRESENTS YOU WITH SO MANY DECISIONS. A LOT OF TIMES, THEY’RE RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE AND THEY’RE REALLY DIFFICULT, BUT WE MUST MAKE THEM.
12. IT BLOWS MY MIND THE WAY FRANK MILLER CAN WRITE.
13. I’M AN ACTOR. IT’S MY JOB.
14. I’D DO ALMOST ANYTHING FOR LOVE, WITHIN SAFE BOUNDARIES.
15. I FIND THIS LIFE SO INTERESTING.
16. I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY KNOW MY FIRST AND LAST NAME. I THINK IT’S REALLY, REALLY, GOSH-DARN NEAT.