Brigitte Anne-Marie Bardot (born 28 September 1934) is a French former actress, singer, and fashion model, who later became an animal rights activist. She was one of the best known sex symbols of the 1950s and 1960s, and was widely referred to simply by her initials. Starting in 1969, Bardot became the official face of Marianne to represent the liberty of France.
Bardot was an aspiring ballerina in early life. She started her acting career in 1952 and, after appearing in 16 routine comedy films with limited international release, became world-famous in 1957 with the controversial film And God Created Woman. She later starred in Jean-Luc Godard’s 1963 film Le Mépris.
1. I GAVE MY BEAUTY AND MY YOUTH TO MEN. I AM GOING TO GIVE MY WISDOM AND EXPERIENCE TO ANIMALS.
2. IT’S BETTER TO BE UNFAITHFUL THAN FAITHFUL WITHOUT WANTING TO BE.
3. MEN ARE BEASTS AND EVEN BEASTS DON’T BEHAVE AS THEY DO.
4. I STARTED OUT AS A LOUSY ACTRESS AND HAVE REMAINED ONE.
5. I AM LEAVING THE TOWN TO THE INVADERS: INCREASINGLY NUMEROUS, MEDIOCRE, DIRTY, BADLY BEHAVED, SHAMELESS TOURISTS.
6. I’M A GIRL FROM A GOOD FAMILY WHO WAS VERY WELL BROUGHT UP. ONE DAY I TURNED MY BACK ON IT ALL AND BECAME A BOHEMIAN.
7. IT IS BETTER TO BE UNFAITHFUL THAN TO BE FAITHFUL WITHOUT WANTING TO BE.
8. THEY MAY CALL ME A SINNER, BUT I AM AT PEACE WITH MYSELF.
9. NOBODY HAS ANY SECURITY IN LOVING ME.
10. I WANTED TO BE MYSELF. ONLY MYSELF.
11. I REGRET NOTHING.
12. I HAVE UNDERSTOOD THAT THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS ARE TENDERNESS AND KINDNESS. I CAN’T DO WITHOUT THEM.
13. DEATH WAS LIKE LOVE, A ROMANTIC ESCAPE.
14. NO MATTER WHETHER IT’S SOMEONE FROM THE POLITICAL LEFT OR RIGHT, WE JUST NEED A VOICE TO STAND UP AND DEFEND ANIMAL RIGHTS.
15. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF A GOOD MARRIAGE GROWING IN FRONT OF THE CAMERAS?